Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Running Streak Rehash - Week 7

I'm just going to give it to you straight, folks:

Week Seven Sucked
Hard

While running through Connecticut started out looking like this:
 By about mid-way through my trip, it was looking much more like this:
Throw in a head cold and a 10.5 hour drive back to Virginia, and keeping this streak going seemed like a thing of miracles for awhile.  But I did it.  And at least I can say I was somewhat active on days when I can guarantee I would have preferred to lie in bed for an extra 15 minutes.

Here are the deets:

Week Seven

Day 43 Wednesday December 26, 2012 - 1.56 miles
Day 44 Thursday December 27, 2012 - 1.00 miles
Day 45 Friday, December 28, 2012 - 1.29 miles
Day 46 Saturday, December 29, 2012 - 1.00 miles
Day 47 Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 1.00 miles
Day 48 Monday, December 31, 2012 - 1.00 miles
Day 49 Tuesday January 1, 2013 - 1.00 miles

             Week Total:7.85 

Last night the gauntlet was thrown and I have a fairly significant bet on my time in this year's 10k.  This has led to some discussion over whether this streak might have to be cut short in favor of a different training plan.  So Week Eight will be spent thinking about that.  You know Ill keep you updated.  

Here's to getting over this head cold, the warmer weather of a Virginia winter, and getting a few longer runs logged this week!  

*   *   *

I hope everyone had a safe and happy new year with those they love.  I know I did.  And as I mentioned yesterday, I am excited for what the new year holds (which in my world doesn't start until my brother's flight leaves tomorrow).  Ill have a run down of my new years resolutions for you tomorrow.  In the meantime

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!