Thursday, January 3, 2013

Still In the Running Toward Becoming America's Next Top Model

You totally just pictured Tyra and her super-serious face didnt you?

You know you did.  Just admit it.

*Sidenote - Does anyone else think that is one of the most grammatically incorrect sayings ever?  Shouldn't it be "still in the running to become ANTM?"  Maybe its just me.


I was honored to be asked to serve as one of the stories featured in Massey's 2011/2012 Philanthropic Review.  The Review is basically a summary of generosity extended toward Massey during the year and the advances those donations have made possible.  The theme of this year's report is Dedication, Innovation, Transformation.

When I showed up for our photo shoot I thought I would be in and out in about 20 minutes.  I was wrong.  This was a full-on, professional-grade shoot.  The only thing missing was Tyra.  Please ignore that I just called what happens on reality TV a "full-on, professional-grade" anything.

On Set
Our own Nigel Barker
And J Manuel!

I really hope someone is getting these references other than me . . .

The panel of judges - Checking out what works
Smising!
And how lucky am I to have a bestie there with me??
Capturing the organized chaos

Its been months since the shoot took place, so when this puppy showed up in my mailbox yesterday I was so psyched to see the final result!  It had been pretty well guarded!

Kind of like the results from judging, huh?
I am totally honored to be included in this year's Report, and grateful that Massey is helping us get the word out about the Challenge to its most dedicated supporters. 
 
*   *   *
 
Upcoming event alert!  On Wednesday, January 9, 2013 Ellwood Thompson and YogaSource are teaming up to raise money for the Challenge!  For a $5 donation you can take a 1 hour yoga class in Ellwood's community room, get your resolutions kicked into high gear, and help fight cancer locally.  Click here to register.  Only 21 spots remaining!

2 comments:

  1. I saw the picture on Kiger's table! I want to read the story. I'm so proud of you, love!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - Thanks lady!! We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!