Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Running Streak Rehash - Week Nine

First of all, how the hell did it get to be week nine?  I am officially an old lady for whom the time flies.

I am also way too busy to get any significant runs in, it seems.  And in 2013 I am trying to be okay with doing just enough when thats all that can be done.  This week was crazy.  My 40 Day Yoga Challenge continues on (and I'm crazy in love BTW), we have radio interviews for the Challenge, Sponsor Day coming up with Sportsbackers, subcommittee meetings.  Oh - and theres that little thing called my job wherein I try to be an attorney.   

But I love it so please don't misinterpret this as complaining.  
Its just more of a "why my running distances are so short" excuse making vent.

Week Nine

Day 57 Wednesday January 9, 2013 - 1.56 miles
Day 58 Thursday January 10, 2013 - 1.02 miles
Day 59 Friday January 11, 2013 - 2.35 miles
Day 60 Saturday January 12, 2013 - 1.04 miles
Day 61 Sunday January 13, 2013 - 1.01 miles
Day 62 Monday January 14, 2013 - 2.67 miles
Day 63 Tuesday January 15, 2013 - 1.01 miles

           Week Total - 10.66 

But even though things get so busy, this is the time when things get really fun, too.  I was super excited to get a call from Coach Dan this week - he and I are teaming up to bring the Challenge to the YMCA training teams again this year and I simply cannot wait.  And lots of our community partners are helping us get the word out - and their support always fills my heart right up to bursting.  Heres a peek at something were were up to this week:  


More on that in a later post.

So for now, at least through this week when every area of life seems to have spiraled out of control, I'll let the shorter runs be enough.

But next week - Its totally back at it.  For realz. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!