Monday, January 7, 2013

Mantra Monday

Happy Monday!  It was a good weekend of wrapping up the holidays and returning some semblance of order to my home and life.  Its strange to have the house all to myself again! 

As I mentioned here, I started Om On's 40-Day Yoga Challenge yesterday and I already love it.  I convinced Lauren to do it with me and even though we are clearly the newest newbies in the group, its such a supportive atmosphere that I know I am going to come to the end even more addicted than I already am!  Its a good way to start 2013, and this week holds the promise of more doors opening as this new year makes its entrance.

*   *   *

As part of the 40 Day Challenge (I just realized that I have way too many challenges being discussed in this blog.  Oops.) we focus on a word each week as we strengthen our practice.  This week's word is "reflect".  And in doing so already - and sorting through 2012 and the years before it - I've come to realize that I have ingrained in my mind the idea that being strong means sticking with something until the very bitter end.  In 2013 I hope to overcome that, and to realize sometimes its okay to call it a day. 
Source
*  *   *
Don't forget to plan to join us at Ellwood's on Wednesday night for some yoga and cancer awareness!  The yoga class is filling up fast, so drop me an email if you are interested in taking part!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!