Thursday, January 10, 2013

This Week With The Massey Challenge

We definitely got back into our Massey Challenge groove this week.  Its been busy, busy getting RVA geared up for the Monument Avenue 10k (remember, you can sign up here) and to accept the Massey Challenge (you can do that here). 

205 folks have already accepted the Challenge!  Yay RVA!

As I mentioned earlier in the week, Tuesday was Sportsbackers Media Day.  As always, it was heartwarming and exciting being in one room with all the other people who love the 10k the best.
Why, yes, that is a peak at the 2013 race t-shirt you are getting there.
Jon and Jackie filling everyone in on whats new in 2013.
The 2013 Massey Challenge press packet.

And one of my favorite days was only made better by the presence of some of my favorite people:
It was nice to have the chance to gather around and meet new folks while also catching up with those we've met before.
And to share Massey's mission with so many media outlets at one time.  What an opportunity!  Thank you Sportsbackers!
 Micah and Brian share the reasons why they accept the Challenge

*   *   *
And if you were around facebook at all yesterday, you probably saw this little piece going around.
Despite the crazy-ass face I am making in that picture (which, by the way, is an action shot of Tim and I waving like mad at the cameras during the 2012 10k.  The face makes more sense in context), I am super honored to be able to represent Massey and Sportsbackers in this piece.  And thanks to everyone who has shared it - donations have been coming in and its thanks to all of you!  $25,151 - here we come!

*   *   *
If you've been by Ellwood Thompson in the last week, you might have noticed something on their Community Room Calendar:
If you've been reading along this week, you should already know what to look for, but lets help out the less familiar:
Mary Jo Lowery of Yoga Source taught a great class and the mats were packed - we raised $154 in one night y'all!!
I snuck a peek of the class in session.  Lauren and I opted out since the room was so full and we had already gotten our yoga fix that morning as part of the 40 Day Yoga Challenge.  But we enjoyed Ellwood just the same:
It was good to get back into the groove of the Challenge this week, and to get back to living and giving local.  RVA is a great place to do it! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!