Monday, January 21, 2013

Mantra Monday

"Manifest" is the word of the week in the 40 Day Yoga Challenge.  After reflecting on 2012 and gaining clarity with respect to what we want 2013 to look like, its time to determine how to get there.  Which makes this quote particularly poignant:

Source
I have a feeling there are some first steps coming my way.  And goodness knows I have no idea where on earth this staircase is going.  But my personal focus word for January and February is COURAGE, so I'm going with it.

*   *   *

This is a busy week in Challenge-world, folks!  Tune in tonight at 5:30 pm to the University of Richmond Coaches Show where Jay and I will be chatting about the Massey Challenge as a preview to the VCU / UR basketball game on Thursday night! You can listen in at ESPN 950 or via the web here.

Once I scoot out of there, Lauren and I will be over at the John Rolfe YMCA for its 7pm information session.  Join us to learn all about why the YMCA training teams are such a great way to get ready for the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10k!  And you'll hear more about the Massey Challenge too (of course!).  Come out, say hi, and join this awesome program!

And if you're training for the 10k and find you need some new kicks to get yourself going, head over to see our friends at 3Sports. This week and next, let them know that you are supporting the Massey Challenge and they'll donate $10.00 from each pair of sneaks you purchased to help put cancer on the run!  Whoot!

2 comments:

  1. I just fell in love with that quote! How have I not read it before?! It's etched into memory now. I love how involved and active you are! You're one busy bee! Hubs and I have started up our own training for the 10K in addition to our reg stuff, wish I had read this earlier, we would have traded the Tuckahoe Y for John Rolfe tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It would have been awesome to meet you guys!! Are you training with the Tuckahoe Y? Let me know if you are - Ill be running with the Y teams during their training and Ill be sure to be the person who goes to that one!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!