Friday, January 18, 2013

Friday Five

This has been an amazing week.  Perhaps the most stressful week I have had since studying for the bar exam, but amazing nonetheless.  It brought with it a plethora of opportunities to talk to RVA about the Massey Challenge and the extraordinary work being done at VCU Massey Cancer Center.  It brought some good (although short) runs and extreme clarity through my yoga practice.  It brought time with my amazing committee - and the realization that the Monument Avenue 10k is only TWELVE WEEKS away.  It brought doors swinging wide open that I couldn't see when they were shut. 

And I am excited that not a scrap of work lies in front of me this weekend, and that lots of time with dear friends is waiting in its place.

A few highlights from the past seven days:
How can a chalk cow in the restroom not make you smile?  Especially when some of your favorites are waiting for you on the other side of the door?


I spent lots of time on-air this week with some awesome radio personalities getting the word out about the Massey Challenge.  So fun!  Stay tuned (pun intended) for the interviews!
Another clean bill of health!
Even if its was a sad excuse for a winter storm, this dusting made this Yankee feel right at home.
I'm still in love with the shirts Bonfire Funds created for me!  You've only got 18 days left to get yours!! Click here before its too late.
*   *   *
A few notes for the weekend ahead:

If you are too eager to hear the interview Lauren and I did with Kat Simons of Clear Channel to wait for me to post it, you can tune into 1140 WRVA at 7am on Saturday or Q94 or Lite 98 at 7am on Sunday.

Considering joining a YMCA training team to get ready for the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10k?  You should!  But if my saying so isnt enough to convince you, join us at one of the information sessions in the next two weeks to meet the coaches and learn more about this amazing program (and hear more about the Massey Challenge too!).  Scroll to the bottom of this page to see where we will be each week night for the next 2 weeks. 

On Monday I'll be live from the University of Richmond Coaches Show chatting about the Massey Challenge as a preview to the VCU / UR basketball game on Thursday night!  You can listen in at 5:30 pm at ESPN 950 or via the web here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!