Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Running Streak Rehash - Week Eight

People - Lets all take a moment to recognize:

There are officially less than 100 days left in my running streak!

(We will ignore for now that this also means I have less than 100 days to reach my goal of $25,151)

It was good to get back to running in RVA.  Its just so pretty here.  And I have to say, walking out my front door in the morning to sights like this make rolling out of bed in the cold a bit easier.
Here is the latest rundown:

                   Week Eight
                   Day 50 Wednesday January 2, 2013 - 1.00 miles
                   Day 51 Thursday January 3, 2013 - 1.00 miles
                   Day 52 Friday, January 4, 2013 - 1.00 miles
                   Day 53 Saturday, January 5, 2013 - 2.36 miles
                   Day 54 Sunday, January 6, 2013 - 1.13 miles
                   Day 55 Monday, January 7, 2013 - 2.35 miles
                   Day 56 Tuesday January 8, 2013 - 2.33 miles

                   Week Total: 11.37

After the downtime for the holidays and with the cold still sitting in my chest, yesterday and today's runs, while longer, were slow.  But I'll take it.  It felt amazing to do more than one little mile without wanting to keel over and die.

And if you're keeping track, because 4 more weeks are done (and HOW the hell did that happen so fast??) I get another treat.  But I'm going to hold out for a bit because our friends over a 3Sports are planning an awesome little benefit for the Massey Challenge in a few weeks and what I really want (and need) are some new kicks. 
The attitude of this ad demonstrates why I love the folks over at 3Sports so damn much

Like their Facebook page here and you might learn the deets before I can get them to you.

*   *   *

Today is Sportsbackers Media Day for the 10k, which always feels like the true "official" start of 10k season for me.  Its so fun to be in one room with all of the people who work to make the 10k such a remarkable part of RVA. 

*   *   *
And tomorrow is the Massey Challenge event being brought to you by Ellwood Thompson and YogaSource!


Doors open at 6:30, with yoga from 7-8pm.  There are a few spots remaining for the yoga class, so rsvp to masseychallenge3rdpartyevents@gmail.com if you would like to reserve one.  $5.00 suggested donation with all funds being donated to the Massey Challenge!

Even if you can't attend yoga, come out to Ellwood to say hi to us and learn more about the Massey Challenge!  I would love to see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!