Friday, December 14, 2012

The Friday Five

Its been one of those weeks, and while Christmas is typically my very favorite time of the year, I'm just not feeling it yet.  But thats not to say that the week wasn't full of some fabulous moments that served as reminders that even when life isn't going exactly the way we might wish, its still full of blessings. 
The marriage of two of my favorites - bacon and flowcharts.
Helping my Richmond family deck the halls.
Running by this dude on MacArthur has made me smile every day.
Alpaca festival.  Enough said.
Being introduced to my new favorite tea by my favorite local barrista.  Who knew toasted rice could make green tea even more magical?

*   *   *

I suspect my holiday cheer will kick in full-throttle Sunday, when the Byrd theater is showing Christmas Vacation to support VCU Massey Cancer Center and honor my buddy Worth's father-in-law.  Doors open at 1pm, and tix are only $5.00.  So don a dickey, empty your shitter, finalize your jam-of-the-month club subscriptions, and come get festive with us Sunday afternoon!

2 comments:

  1. I love genmaicha! I assume thats what you're talking about when you mentioned your new favorite tea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so good! We will definitely hit up Stir Crazy while you are here!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!