Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Catching Up With Old Friends

Last week was another busy one for the Challenge.  Some of you may have gotten calls from our committee members on Monday or Thursday - we were busy as bees reaching out to past Challengers to let them know that the 2013 Challenge is officially underway.  It was great to hear how many folks are already excited to raise funds again for the Massey Cancer Center!

*   *   *

Thursday night Lauren and I had the chance to catch up with our friends at Sportsbackers as part of their Annual Meeting and Volunteer Reception.



It was a lovely evening and it was great to see some faces I hadn't seen in way too long! 

*   *   *

After the reception we scooted over to West Coast Kix in Carytown to say hi to some of Richmond's YELP Elites at their Holiday Tacky Sweater Party.

There are few things wrong with any tacky sweater party, but this one took the cake because I got the chance to meet one of my holiday idols:



 
Plus there were lots of Richmond goodies around (so Lauren didnt really have to eat the poor gingerbread man!!)



We're looking forward to working with YELP in the new year to help make the Challenge an incredible success!
 
It was definitely a crazy week for the Challenge.  But thats the way we like it around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!