Thursday, December 27, 2012

Local Business Round-Up - December

In the event that someone out there in blog-land hasn't figured it out yet, those of us behind the Massey Challenge have some serious love for RVA's local businesses.  Many of them have supported us and our mission for years, but 2013 has been a whole new animal - with businesses coming out in droves to lend a hand in making this a year to remember and to show some love for our local cancer center.

So isnt it only fair that we love on them right back?

Of course it is.

This is the first of what will become a monthly round-up of the businesses around RVA that have joined us in the fight against cancer.
 
Health Diagnostic Laboratory has once again taken a huge step in putting cancer on the run, signing on to be the title sponsor for the Challenge for a second year in 2013.  These folks can help put you on track to a healthier future and we're crazy lucky that they've made their home in RVA.

You all know why I have such love for these guys.  C Street, The Remnants, Party Perfect, Dixie Donuts, and NyCom, Inc. joined forces not only to help me celebrate 10 years in remission, but to kick off the 2013 Massey Challenge and raise more than $6,000 in a single night! 



Joe's Inn, Carytown Sweet Frog, Grove Avenue Cafe Caturra, and the Byrd Theatre have all held events in the last two months that brought RVA together and raised money for the Massey Challenge. 

And don't forget to hit up the RVANews online store to get your RVA Fights Cancer stickers. 

Be sure to love on these local businesses with your patronage, and while youre there, thank them for the life saving work they help support.  Maybe even give someone there a hug.  Im a big proponent of hugs.

*   *   *

Know a local business that wants to help put cancer on the run?  Drop me a line and Lauren and I will get them involved!

*   *   *

Check it - My little bro gave me a fancy thermometer and twitter feed in my sidebar.  Help make the mercury rise and make your last-minute 2012 donations today!  And follow me on Twitter for up-to-the minute deets on what the Challenge is up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!