Tuesday, December 4, 2012

I'm Legit, Y'all

I used to proclaim that I couldn't run.  I would tell my friends who were runners constantly that I just couldnt do it.  I wasnt made to run.  And then one day, my friend Matt told me to shut the hell up and just run.  Slowly.  And not far.  And to keep doing that until I became a runner.

So I did.  Partially to prove him wrong.  But he ended up being right.

I am still not what most would consider "a runner" although I can't imagine my life without running.  I'm not fast.  And I dont really go far. 

Which is why I was totally tickled this morning to see this:

I'm this week's featured runner on one of my new favorite blogs!  You can read my running story here.  Thanks Janelle for sharing my story and for helping to get the word out about VCU Massey Cancer Center!

*   *   *

Yes - Tuesday should normally be when I rehash the past week of my running streak for you, but since I haven't gotten in today's mile (yet!), you'll have to wait until tomorrow for the deets.

*   *   *

And if you're looking for dinner plans tonight, come join us at the Cafe Caturra on Grove Avenue tonight.  A portion of the night's proceeds will go to support the Challenge!  Whoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!