Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Running Streak Rehash - Week 3

Twenty-one days of running down.  One hundred twenty-nine left to go.

Yeah.

Thats a lot of days left.

Here's what week three looked like:

Wednesday November 28, 2012 - 1.10 miles
Thursday November 29, 2012 - 1.16 miles
Friday, November 30, 2012 - 1.52 miles
Saturday, December 1, 2012 - 1.53 miles
Sunday, December 2, 2012 - 4.00 miles
Monday, December 3, 2012 - 2.42 miles
Tuesday December 4, 2012 - 2.40 miles

                      Week Total: 14.13

I was impressed to find on adding up my mileage from the week that this was actually my week with the most miles logged so far (granted - not by much).  I struggled this week with some shin and ankle pain, and the realization that I do not own appropriate cold-weather running gear, but stuck with it.  Which makes me feel like this:

*   *   *

Although not discussed in my blog, November was Mo-vember for many.  As one who is in love with the 'stache (and for the record - I was even before they became trendy.  WHY did two of my great loves - owls and mustaches - become uber trendy at the same time??), I feel like I should properly bid the month adieu.  This little guy seems appropriate:

#howcanyounotloveateddywithastache?

*   *   *

Thanks to all who came out the Cafe Caturra last night to support the Massey Challenge!  It was a great night and Ill report back with details later in the week.  Couldn't make it but want to support?  Click the "donate now" button in the sidebar!

2 comments:

  1. You increased your mileage! That's awesome!
    On the other hand, shin splints...are the worst!
    Uh, I hate when I experience that pain and it's such a hard area to stretch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I always seem to struggle with them when I get into a running groove. Which is funny since my grooves don't involve very far runs!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!