Thursday, December 6, 2012

Live Local, Drink Local . . . Stick Your Head Through A Local Hole

On Tuesday night, the Cafe Caturra on Grove Avenue opened its doors to the Massey Challenge, donating a percentage of the evening's proceeds to the research being done right here in Richmond to find a cure for cancer.  I've loved this place for a long time (what can I say - my loves for fireplaces, mac & cheese, and wine can all be satisfied in one place there!), but you know by now that this gesture locked them in among my list of RVA favorites.

(Admittedly, with all the local business generosity going on this year, my list is pretty long.  Stay tuned for a round-up of all those we're loving on lately!)

Massey supporters packed the house once again for a fun and faith-filled night fighting cancer:

As an aside, a couple of my fellow Massey supporters have started their own running streaks.  Its becoming routine to have the "did you run your mile yet" discussion at these events and at meetings.  Loving having other streakers in my life!  

Missed the night but still want to donate?  You know the drill - there's a link in the upper right-hand corner of my sidebar. 

*   *   *
Need another reason to donate?  I have one for you.

I know that all of you out there in blog-land have been asking yourself the same question:

"How can I score one of those super sexy t-shirts the Challenge Committee keeps sporting???"
 I mean, seriously, do Christina and Jay rock those things, or what?
Well, you're in luck.  Because now you can get one too.  $20.00, men's and women's sizes.  All proceeds benefit the Massey Challenge.  Drop me a line and I'll hook you up.

Because thats just another way you can live local, give local for Massey!

*   *   *
I think I neglected to tell you all about our time that the Richmond Marathon Expo.  We had just launched and were totally ready to get Richmond excited to accept the Challenge. 
 We set up with Sportsbackers again to rock the expo, and I think it worked!

 Unfortunately, this also happened:
And now Lauren is obsessed with getting one or two of these things made for the Massey Mile this year.  (Side note - what are these things even called?  MH opined that they could be "stick head through picture boards" but Im not 100% sure shes correct).  We're looking for a local business to underwrite one or two.  Know anyone who might be interested?  Hook us up!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!