Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Thanks to Richmondmom.com!

Note: Blogging is coming to you this week from Tucson, Arizona, where I am attending (and presenting at!) the American Bar Association Insurance Coverage Litigation Committee's annual conference.  So post times will probably be a bit wonky.  But look for a peek into what I do in my professional life next week!

*   *   *
Sometimes life works in funny ways.  Months ago, when the Challenge was just getting up and running, it was mentioned to me that I should really touch base with Kate Hall - the spirit behind Richmondmom.com.  Now, as a kid-less girl, I had never heard of Richmondmom.com before, but as I put together my list of dream meetings, Kate rose right to the top when I realized how many folks in RVA she brings together through her website.

Well, as is often the case when lists are involved, as my list grew and grew with the expansion of the Challenge, I got slower at reaching out to all the people I really really wanted to contact.  I hadn't made it to Kate yet when the piece I mentioned here found its way into the Richmond Times Dispatch. 

And SHE reached out to ME.

Yeah - Ill admit that seeing her name in my inbox sent me into fan-girl mode for a few minutes.  I mean, Kate's a local celebrity, and she had reached out to ME.

Just a few weeks later, Lauren and I found ourselves sitting down with her to chat about the Challenge and were hoping she might send a shout out to our efforts on the site.

She did me one better: 
You can read their sweet post here

Thanks to Kate and Richmondmom.com for your support!!




1 comment:

  1. Kate is awesome. Through her, I found the Mother Runner group and started running 4 years ago. She is an awesome people connector, and to blame for all the money I have spent on running skirts, shoes, race fees, etc. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!