Monday, February 11, 2013

Monday Mantra

I can't remember if I mentioned before (I just made a really lame attempt at digging through the archives to figure it out) that I have selected six words to be focuses for me in 2013, with two months devoted to each.  For January and February that focus word has been COURAGE.

One of the compliments I receive fairly often is that I must be courageous for having battled cancer and turning down recommended surgery in favor of being monitored like mad by the folks at Massey.  But I'll tell you a secret - when it comes to big changes I'm the most cowardly lion around.  I get so wrapped up in the what-ifs that I usually end up deciding that the devil I know is preferable to the one I dont.  And then I stagnate and grow frustrated.

But in reflecting on the past this weekend, one thing became glaringly true - Each and every time I have followed my heart and my gut (or when I've been shoved forcefully in the direction they were telling me to go anyway) I have never regretted the outcome.  And I when I haven't listened so well - well, thats generally where a lot of heartache and pain came into the picture.

So in that vein - a few words for the week:
source
*   *   *

You all know we passed a HUGE milestone last week, reaching the $10K mark on the way to $25,151.  Next stop?  The half way point!  I cant believe how close we are (just $2,317 away for anyone really counting)!  Even if you've already donated, you can help push us even further along.  Forward a link to this blog to your friends and family and encourage them to join the fight too.  All they have to do is click the button above and add their $10 to the pool.  We'll see $25,151 before we know it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!