Friday, November 30, 2012

Team Spotlight: St. ChristoCURES

Now that the Massey Challenge is well underway, I plan to start featuring a few of the incredible teams that are out helping us work toward our $500,000 goal.  This seems like a great week to start, since I had the chance to spend lunch yesterday hanging out with these guys: 
They are some of the awesome gents from St. Christopher's School here in Richmond and who make up team St. ChristoCURES.  They are huge supporters of the Challenge, raising tens of thousands of dollars each year.  Amazing.

I mean, check out this picture of their truly awesome team on 10K day last year:
Yesterday we hosted them down at Massey for a little tour of the Goodwin Research Lab:
They also got some more information about what is happening at Massey and I shared my story and our plans for the Challenge this year with them.  They're already raring to go, with their team page set up and plans to get the rest of the school involved with a presentation during Chapel following the holidays.  I cant wait to see what they do this year!

These amazing young men are a great example of how by banding together, we can make a huge impact in the work being done at Massey.  And they're about half the age of most of us, y'all.  So really, if they can do it, why cant we?
Thanks St. ChristoCURES for all you do to help us make a difference in the lives of those living with cancer!

*   *   *
Have a team you think should be in the spotlight?  Drop me and email and let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!