Thursday, November 29, 2012

The Week Richmond Went Crazy For Massey

This week has literally been non stop.  Between Joe's Inn, Lululemon, St. Christopher's, the Bizarre Baazar, and Sweet Frog, it feels like all of Richmond has jumped into the excitement of the Challenge and has taken on a role on the road to the cure.  And my feet and my eyeballs feel it!  This little cancer solider is tired.  But in the really good, really fulfilled way.

This year the Massey Challenge committee has partnered with several amazing Richmond businesses to get the word out into the community, and as I mentioned on Monday, our first two events were this week. 

Monday found us at Joe's Inn down in the Fan:
I failed as a picture-taker on Monday (partially due to my need to get the day's run in, as detailed here), but thats okay, because the night was a wild success, bringing in $1,200 for the Challenge!  Thank you to everyone who came out to support us, and most of all to Joe's Inn for their wild generosity!

Tonight brought us into Carytown where Sweet Frog donated 25% of proceeds from 5-9 to the Challenge!


Lauren, Matt, and I high-tailed it over from Biz Baz in order to get some creamy goodness.  Numbers aren't in yet, but from the looks of things, Sweet Frog's generosity gave the Challenge another great bump this week.

Biz Baz and St. Chris will need their own posts later this week.  There is just too much excitement for one night and one post!

On nights like tonight, when I am so utterly tired and feel a little run ragged, its so uplifting to think back on all the great memories made this week, the partnerships formed, and the progress made toward ending cancer as we know it.  It keeps me going.  I love living in such a supportive city.  I love RVA.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!