Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Running Streak - Week 2 Rehash

I am super proud to report that week 2 of my running streak is complete!  Here's the breakdown:

Wednesday      November 21, 2012     2.02 miles
Thursday         November 22, 2012      2.09 miles
Friday              November 23, 2012      2.41 miles
Saturday          November 24, 2012      4.01 miles
Sunday            November 25, 2012      1.27 miles
Monday           November 26, 2012      1.04 miles
Tuesday           November 27, 2012      1.01 miles

13.85 miles total.  Still not crazy far.  But I did set a couple of pace PRs in there, so the happiness continues. 

*   *   *

The streak almost came to a crushing halt last night, when my laziness and snugness in bed in the morning kept me from running before work.  This was a problem due to our (widly successful - yay!) event at Joe's Inn last night (more on that in another post, but for now - THANK YOU to everyone who came out!).  Fortunately, my buddy Jay is about as "I'll try anything once" as I am, and he suggested we simply do a one mile run around the fan and back to Joe's.  When I pointed out the problem of my 3" heels and no shoes, Jay agreed to run the mile in socks and our office-wear with me.

We did.  And Paul met us after with a beer as our reward.    


They say it takes a village to raise a child.  I think its going to take a village to make sure this streak makes it to day 150!

*   *   *

In other news - after Black Friday, Shop Local Saturday, and Cyber Monday, today is Giving Tuesday!  All donations made to my goal of $25,151 today will be matched, y'all!  No better day to donate here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!