Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Absolutely Everybody

Cara is like the third sister in my family.  At exactly 6 months younger than me, our best-friend moms raised us together.  Most days we were surrounded by music - the Beach Boys, Alabama, anything on light 104.1 - our moms immersed us in 1970s and 80s middle-age-pop-culture like no-ones business.

The songs we could probably still sing for you word for word would shock you. 

So it shouldn't surprise you that I have theme songs.  One for each year.  For different life situations.  And yeah - for this $25,151 journey.

I didn't really set out to find a theme song.  But a few weeks back Tim handed me an unmarked CD as I was leaving his place with a "this might be good for the drive".

(As an aside, never turn down an unmarked CD from Tim.  Without fail it will contain the strangest and most fun collection of music ever compiled in one place).

This song was in the middle of it:


How can it not be the theme for my challenge?  It makes me shut my office door and dance like a lunatic.  And it sums up what I've been telling y'all - ABSOLUTELY EVERYBODY has a part to play in the fight against cancer!

I'm warning you now - you havent heard the last of this song.

*   *   *

In other news, I had an awesome meeting with Brooke of the Short Pump Lululemon store today.  Not only did she once again look so adorable that I nearly quit my job upon arrival at the office so I could wear their clothes all day long too, but she enthusiastically hopped on board the Challenge train!  Whoot!  As Becky put it - those ladies over there are firecrackers and we are so excited to partner with them!  If you've never checked out Lulu please do.  But I'm not responsible for any resulting addiction.

*   *   *

And its not too late to join us tonight at Opening Night of the Bizarre Bazaar and support the VCU Massey Cancer Center.  You can score your tix here.  I'll be there and promise hugs to all supporters who want one tonight! 

Can't make it but still want to support Massey this holiday season?  Click the "donate now" button to the right to join the fight!  We need absolutely everybody to help us win this war!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!