Friday, March 1, 2013

Calling on Absolutely Everybody

You guys might remember way back here when I told you I had adopted a theme song for this journey to $25,151.  I was leaving Tim's place one day and he thrust a mix CD in my hands for the drive.  And at track 4 I found it.  The song that I knew would keep me going, and hopefully motivate lots of others.

On that drive, I must have listened to the song about 30 times, envisioning the video I knew I had to make.

As Ive said many times before, I am surrounded by people who not only love me - but love my crazy ideas.  So when I told Brian (my amazing videographer friend) that I wanted to do this, he didnt doubt the idea at all, but sent me a slew of tips and thoughts and support.

And then Tim, Lauren, and Becky hopped right on board when I still believed we could shoot the whole thing in about an hour and easily dub the music over.  And Lamone gave us free reign of C Street once again to try to make it happen.

And when that was A LOT more complicated than I thought, Stacey jumped in and saved the day with her photography talent.

And after what I thought would take an hour took 2 months, this resulted:



I've said it before, and Ill say it again - the only way we will find a cure is if absolutely everybody joins the fight.  Hopefully this video can help us remind folks of that.  So please share away!

And as always, thank you for your generosity and support!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!