Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Running Streak Rehash - Week Eighteen

So that evil cold hung in for most of last week, making me really concerned about the Shamrock 8k.  Lauren and I had been planning for eons (okay - weeks) to head to Virginia Beach to run it together, and I had really been looking forward to it.  Plus, it would be Lauren's first race ever, and I also really wanted to be there for that.

After plodding through a Challenge presentation Friday morning, I hopped into Lauren's car with a lot of uncertainty about how I would actually do the next day.  Which is why the 52 minute time we scored left me elated!  It was a good run and and even better day.
Reenactment
So proud of this lady!
So with that race under our belts, my mileage for this week looked a lot better than the last few:

Week Eighteen

Day 120 Wednesday March 13, 2013 - 2.40 miles
Day 121 Thursday March 14, 2013 - 1.20 miles
Day 122 Friday March 15, 2013 - 1.00 miles
Day 123 Saturday March 16, 2013 - 5.20 miles
Day 124 Sunday March 17, 2013 - 1.00 miles
Day 125 Monday March 18, 2013 - 1.00 miles
Day 126 Tuesday March 19, 2013  - 2.50 miles

Week Total - 14.30

Although my elation was slightly tempered when I checked my Strava feed a few hours later and found my brother's crazy time for HIS first ever race:
Who the hell runs a 6:30 minute mile? #siblingrivaly
Super proud of that little bro too!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, thanks big sis. I have you to blame for my newfound (time consuming) hobby.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tyler, what you did does not a hobby make.... you kicked butt! showoff.

      Delete

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!