Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Running Streak Rehash - Week 16

Being in Tucson last week meant I was quickly reminded how much more difficult running becomes when altitude is added to it.  My first day there I tried jumping right in with a 4 miler, only to be rendered useless just around 3.5 miles, suffering from an amazing headache for the rest of the day (yeah - I forget how quickly one gets dehydrated out there too).

But the harder runs were totally worth it for the amazing scenery.

     Day 106 Wednesday February 27, 2013 - 1.00 miles
     Day 107 Thursday February 28, 2013 - 3.42 miles
     Day 108 Friday March 1, 2013 - 1.00 miles
     Day 109 Saturday March 2, 2013 - 1.17 miles
     Day 110 Sunday March 3, 2013 - 1.02 miles
     Day 111 Monday March 4, 2013 - 2.31 miles
     Day 112 Tuesday March 5, 2013 1.00 - miles

             Week Total - 10.92

My running streak nearly came to a crashing halt on Sunday, as I tried to make my way back to RVA. Leaving for the airport at 5:40 am Tucson-time left no real room for a morning mile (unless I wanted to be crazy and run before that), and my predicted 4:30 pm arrival in RVA left plenty of time for a nice long run post-flight.

Until a mechanical problem got my first flight canceled.  And I missed my connection.  And ended up with an estimated arrival in RVA of 11pm.

Leave it to Lauren and Tim to emphatically refuse to let me bail on my running streak under these circumstances.  Both told me to suck it up and run a mile in the Houston airport.  Tim finally conceded that my cowboy boots and huge tote bag containing a laptop and tons of books permitted for a very.slow.mile.  No - I didn't walk.  And Tim stayed on the line as proof that it happened.

And there is a whole terminal of folks who probably think Im insane.

Maybe I am.

But the streak continues.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!