Thursday, March 28, 2013

I Get [Through 6.2 Miles] With A Little Help From My Friends

I'm sorry I just did that to you.  Here - listen to the song and it will be out of your head.  Promise.


Sidenote: I really can't stand the Beatles.  My dad had a ton of positive influence on my musical tastes and knowledge, but growing up he used to make us watch Help and A Hard Days Night and I think it just killed them for me.  Don't ask me what he did to my opinion of Elvis.

As the 10k creeps up - we're only 16 days away! - I am counting down not only to my favorite event in RVA, but to the arrival of two of my favorite people.

My sidekick Tim is coming back for what I think is his 6th 10k.  Tim keeps me sane and organized each year, never failing to roll into town with bananas and gatorade for the early morning to come.  And hes a master at squeezing every last bit of fun out of 10k day - which will be an even crazier day this year with the run, the Massey Mile, and the COTU after party (which I hope to see all of you at!).
It seems like each year Tim and I are accompanied by someone new.  And this year is no exception, as two weeks from today my little bro will be landing in RVA for the 10k - all the way from Portland, Oregon!
To say I am excited would be an understatement.

I cant wait to spend one of my favorite days with my three favorite guys (yup - Greg will be running too!).  Now hurry up and get to town, Tim and Ty!

*   *   *

Psst - we crossed the $13K mark last week!  Still need to make your contribution?  Click above - time's awastin!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!