Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Family Ties

I mentioned last week that the good folks over at CBS 6 asked me to work on a project with them.  But it wasnt just a project about me, it was about my mom too:  
My mom survived breast cancer back before I could drive.  And back before I had any idea that one day I would wear the "survivor" label too.

The folks over at CBS asked if they could do a story about my mom and I, and what being tested for the BRCA mutation means to a family.  The story went live on Thursday.
I tried forever to embed the video here, but couldnt figure it out.  (Apparently nearly 5 months of blogging does not actually make one technologically savvy).  But you can watch it, and read the story, here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!