Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Masquerade For Massey (Or, How My Home Became Coated in Glitter)

Tim has been one of my dearest friends for 14 years.  We met in undergrad at Loyola College in Maryland (I still can't bring myself to call it Loyola University), and have been inseparable since the day we met. 


For a long time I frustrated him with a wardrobe that consisted of colors that were primarily from what he called the "mustard family" and with flat, clunky shoes that only came in black or brown.  I think the day I met Stacey in 2003 and she introduced me to eyeliner and stilettos he actually jumped for joy and busted out the cabbage patch.  Tim feels as strongly as I do now on the subjects of glitter, hot pink, and floor length sequins.

So when the idea of planning a masquerade ball to celebrate 10 years since my Hodgkins went into remission, and to kick of the Massey Challenge and my crusade to raise over $25,000, came up I knew Tim was the right sidekick for the job.

(Actually, he didnt give me an option.  He just jumped in full throttle.)

While most times you can find us commutting between D.C. and Richmond to help each other work on our newly-acquired homes, for the past few months, hes driven down from D.C. to help plan what is sure to be a fabulous night on November 3rd.

The location has been throughly scouted:


I mean, really, the courtyard at C Street might be one of my very favorite places in Richmond.


Isnt it so pretty, y'all??  (If you look closely you can see Tim scheming behind the topiary on the left.)


And the boys there sure do know how to rock a table setting.

We have done some dress shopping that Tim found MUCH more fulfilling than some other shopping excursions hes been dragged along on.



I can't reveal the winner now, can I?

And Tim's come up with an amazing project to include the patients being treated here in the night:



I cant reveal that either, but heres a hint:


We've even secured some amazing props to bring the French vibe home:


You know you want to see what we pull together.  And you know you want to come out to kick off the Massey Challenge right, get all dolled up, and support Massey, right?  So go buy your ticket today!!  Just click here.

Afterall, Floyd already got his:


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!