Monday, October 8, 2012

Flossy, Flossy

I love sparkly.  I love whimsical.  I love holidays and the excuses they give to dress a little more quirky, decorate with a little more lavish, and bring a little more fun into our lives.

So its probably not surprising that I am in love with the Breast Cancer Is A Witch event hosted each year by the lovely ladies at The Shops At 5087

So when I was asked to be a model in their fall fashion preview - and waltz around in two gorgeous witch hats for an extra day this year, I was beyond excited.

So I headed over last Wednesday to browse the shops and let them play dress up with me for awhile.  So many amazing options there!!!


I really wanted to love this one, but it just wasn't meant to be:


 And even though we all love this one, it still wasn't the one:


But these two were winners!



And then Friday it was off to the Country Club of Virginia to strut around and get everyone excited for the upcoming witch hat auction!


These ladies meant business.   This was a for-real fashion show, with all of our outfits planned out down to the last detail.




We each modeled two outfits, but I only managed to get a picture of myself all done up in one of them:


It made me super happy to have Lauren there - I was a little nervous with about 200 ladies waiting for our debut, but she always puts me at ease.


This has nothing to do with anything, but its sparkly and pink and gorgeous, so here you go.


Breast Cancer Is A Witch will be held this Wednesday, October 10, 2012, from 5:30-8:30 at 5807. A percentage of their sales from that night will go to Massey, as will the proceeds from the witch hat auction held that night.  These are just a few of the amazing hats that have been designed for this year's event:






 If you know me at all, you know the hat donned with that purple sparkly owl is on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!