Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Anticipation

Its October 31, 2012.  Which means tomorrow is November 1, 2012.  Which means that tomorrow, the 2013 Massey Challenge officially launches!

To say there is a bit of anticipation around these parts would be an understatement.

Here are Ten Things I'm Anticipating About The 2013 Challenge:


10.  Attending all of the awesome third-party events we have lined up this year to support the Challenge and to recruit new folks to take the Challenge on.  The spirit of these events is always so amazingly warm and full and I'm excited that we're adding so many new ones this year - and that so many Richmond businesses have wanted to join us in our fight.



9.  Spending time at the Bizarre Bazaare telling everyone all about the ways they can join the Challenge and make an impact in our community.  I love Christmas.  I love the Challenge.  What could be more fun?  


8.  Adding more running to my routine as the 10K draws nearer.  We have such amazing places to run in Richmond.  Its a great excuse to roam around the city more often!


7.  Adding more stair days in with these girls.  I have a donor whose donation hinges on my time in the 10K each year - I need to get quicker than I am right now!


6.  Planning coordinating outfits for 2013 with Tim - A discussion that is due to start any day now (hey - a girl has to plan!).


5.  Watching the Banner of Hope fill up once again.  Its always so uplifting to see how quickly the blank canvas becomes coated in notes of love, support, faith, hope, and courage.


4.  Early morning runs with the YMCA 10K Training Teams.  After which the friend I drag along might take a picture of the decor at our post-run-breakfast-venue, like this:


3.  Hanging out at the Richmond Marathon and Monument Avenue 10K expos.  These are some of my favorite days of the year - hearing amazing stories, sharing the awesomeness of Massey, and watching the thermometer sneak ever closer to our goal.
  


2.  Sporting my "SURVIVOR" bib once again, and hearing all of the stories it spurs strangers to share with me along the 6.2 miles of the 10K.  It never gets old hearing from others who have been touched by this disease.


1.  Recruiting over 3,000 Richmonders to take on the Massey Challenge.  I am so excited to have the opportunity this year to meet so many of you and to tell you why you should join us in this fantastic endeavor!  We already have lots of meetings set up to share the excitement.  Want us to come talk to your group?  Drop me an email and we'd be happy to do so!

Now back to feeling like a kid on Christmas Eve.  Watching for the live link tomorrow to get your own Challenge started! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!