Friday, September 21, 2012

Running Amongst The Lemons

No - There isn't a lemon grove hiding out in Richmond.  

But us Richmonders are crazy-lucky to get to live among the amazing ladies of Lululemon Athletica Short Pump Store.  They do amazing things every week to make our community happier, healthier, and more beautiful inside and out.  Don't believe me?  Check out the profiles of their amazing ambassadors who living among us here or their calendar of events here

Last year, Julie and I had the pleasure of meeting Brooke Wyman at Sportsbackers' Media Day for the Monument Avenue 10k.  I was immediately taken with her beautiful personality and the warmth that just shines through her.  So when she told us that Lululemon has a Thursday evening running club, I was interested immediately.  Even more so when she let us in on the fact that they call it "5k and Chardonnay".  I mean - whats not to like?   

So whenever a Thursday permits, Julie, Becky, and I try to meet the Lemons for a run around the city.  Last Thursday was no exception as Becky and I decided to sneak in a last warm, sunny run with them.


If the great company weren't reason enough to head out for a run, the directions they give us to follow:


Always end up at Palani Drive for a beer or two and some really great food:


Over the last year, Brooke and Alli Morris (another amazing Lemon) have blown me away with the way they have taken on their support of the Massey Challenge.  Over the course of a few runs last spring they gradually learned my story and the stories of others and more about the Massey Challenge.  Last year they surprised Julie and I with the news that they were generously awarding their 10k spirit group winnings to our cause.  And they have continued to support me and the Challenge with their friendship, laughter, and love.

Thats another reason I love the Challenge.  You never know the friends you'll find through it.

Like Alli:    


Or Brooke:


If you ever want to run amongst some seriously awesome women and men, you can find them gathering at Palani Drive on Thursdays at 6pm.  They run some great 3 mileish routes and laugh a lot after.  Don't worry if you are slow - I almost always bring up the rear and Brooke and Alli and the rest of the group are always right there cheering me on when I'm (finally) finished.  Its one of the most inspiring places to be on Thursdays in Richmond.  I promise.   

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!