Sunday, September 30, 2012

Massey On The River

Although the Massey Challenge hasn't kicked off just yet (but oh-my-goodness - kick-off is just one month away!!) there are always lots of ways to support Massey.  And some folks have gotten their Challenge fundraising off to an early start just because they can.  Last weekend, I had the chance to show Massey some love, and to help Becky get her Challenge going, at Massey on the River.

Becky lives in the neighborhood where the event was held, so she decided to throw a pre-party and encouraged folks to donate money to the Challenge or magazines for patient areas at Massey.  Shes an amazing hostess and it was a great way to show Massey a little extra love and get the day off to a fun start.


After getting some money into Becky's Challenge pot, we headed down to the event, where we hammed it up for the camera in front of the gorgeous James River:


And then took a moment to be lady-like too: 


 We signed the tribute board, sending love out to those fighting, those who have won the battle and those we've lost:


And I got to send some extra-special love to my team:


We danced a lot:


The event was an amazing success and a reminder of just how fun supporting Massey can be - even as we're fighting such a fierce enemy.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!