Friday, April 12, 2013

2013 Expo - By the Numbers

Another expo is about to come to a close.  (Yeah - I never work until the end of Saturday night at the expo, preferring instead to spend the night before mentally preparing for the day ahead and relaxing with out of towners - I call it a perk of being a volunteer and not staff rather than simply calling it lazy.) 
Tyler and I are cooking dinner while waiting for Tim (okay - Tyler is cooking dinner) and I just laid out all of our race day necessities in a way that is way too similar to how I used to line up my gifts on Christmas morning.
Today would usually be a Friday Five kind of day, but in light of the significance of this weekend, let me break down the 2013 Expo for you by the numbers:

10 - Hours it took me to realize there was a restroom 5 feet away from our booth and that I didnt have to walk clear across the Arthur Ashe Center to find one.

9 - Number of people who remembered me from their YMCA and followed up their hellos with hugs.

8 - Years I will have run the Ukrops Monument Avenue 10k after tomorrow.

7 -Average number of hours I spent whining about how much my feet hurt after making a poor footwear decision yesterday morning.

6 - Thousands of dollars I am away from $25,151 - Not bad!

5 - Number of bagel halves I consumed today #carbloading.

4 - Number of shirts Tyler scored at the Expo.

3 - Combined pairs of compression socks Tyler and I now own.

2 - Number of people that have promised to harass me until I sign up for the Pink Nation Marathon Training Team.

1 - Nights left until the 2013 Ukrops Monument Avenue 10k.
Best of luck to all the runners and walkers out there!  Dont forget that its still not too late to donate to the Massey Challenge!  And remember to join us at the Massey Mile between 8 and noon and then at Center of the Universe Brewery from 3-9 - all in support of Team Massey.

Because as you all know - Massey cant run without you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love talking about VCU Massey Cancer Center, my story, and the Massey Challenge! I also just love hearing from others supporting Team Massey! Drop me a comment - I'd love to hear from you!